What is Sea Moss?
What is Sea Moss? Sea moss also known as Chondrus Crispus or Gracilaria is a Red Algae found in Atlantic coast lines and the Caribbean Sea.
What are the benefits of Sea Moss? Sea moss has too many benefits to list! But here are a few:
- Digestive Health: Sea Moss may help treat intestinal issues such as ulcers, constipation, diarrhea. It's high fiber content is said to act as an effective pre-biotic to help promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria
- Vitamins: Vitamins A,B,C,D,E, & K
- Minerals: Iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium
- Natural Decongestant: Removes mucus from the body which lessens the chance of catching the cold or flu. It is often used to maintain a healthy mucus membrane.
- Mood Booster: Due to high levels of potassium and magnesium, Sea moss is a natural anti-depressant! Potassium is great for our mental health because it regulates serotonin in our brains. Serotonin is the key chemical in our body that stabilizes our mood and happiness.
- Energy Booster: Say goodbye to coffee or caffeine period! Iodine plays a large role in Sea Moss. Iron is regulated by the thyroid gland, giving us energy throughout the day.
- Bone & Joint Health: Sea moss is rich in sulfur based amino acids. Sulfur helps to reduce any joint injuries while coating joints against inflammation that can lead to arthritis.
- Benefits for sex life: Sea moss is known to boost the male libido due to high levels of zinc. It is also used to help boost sperm count and motility.